Thursday, July 29, 2010

LET ME IN Restricted (Red Band) Trailer


The original is a classic and one of the best vampire films ever. This is the Americanized remake. I cannot imagine this film being anything but an insult to the original. I admit that some scenes in the trailer look interesting but overall it is an exercise in fail. From watching the trailer it appears the American film will rip away all the ambiguity of the original. One of the great things about Let The Right One In, is wondering exactly what Eli feels for Oskar. Does she want him as a human guardian, vampire companion or just a take out meal. I can't imagine they will keep the sexual ambiguity either as homophobic as the general public is, I just don't think mainstream Hollywood would dare make Eli anything except a female vamp. Still check out the trailer and let me know what you think


No comments:

Post a Comment