Saturday, July 31, 2010

Raiders of the Damned

Raiders of the Damned


Wow, watching this made me yearn for a Uwe Boll film. Bad hardly describes Raiders of the Damned. Seriously Ed Wood would be ashamed to have made this film. The special effetcts are juvineile, I have seen better make up effects from students. The vehicle effects are barely more than saucers, actually a helicopter, on string, Richard Grieco appears to be attempting to channel Heath Ledger's Joker. Note to Grieco, you are not Heth Ledger and just watching you ham around in your long stringy faux Joker hairdo pissed me off. The acting is pretty much horrible all around, but Grieco takes the "best" of show. The direction is stupid, zombies lurch around one moment then high speed sword fight with each other the next. I can't comment on the plot because I am not sure it had a plot. The dialogue is laughable which is probably the best thing about this film. Grieco's behavior would be funny as well, but like I mentioned I can't shake that he was trying to imitate Heath. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, true, but not if you are a washed up hack, whose biggest claim to fame was being on the same show as Johnny Depp when he was a teen. Do yourself a favor and avoid this at all cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment