Sunday, September 29, 2013

Zombies, killers, Koreans and demons

So I went to the local used DVD store yesterday looking for bargains. The last few times I was there I was really disappointed. Mostly the same stuff as the trip before, lots of low budget crap not worth 2 bucks.

I did finally fall upon a tiny treasure trove, and picked out several. Actually had to put a few back because I had went WAY over my budget for the trip (10-12 bucks). I ended up spending 22 bucks and promising a trip next pay check for the ones I had put back.

I ended up buying Deadbirds, My Bloody Valentine (orig) Special Edition, Lady Vengeance, and Lucio Fulci's Zombi 2 Special edition.  I was pretty stoked as I have wanted Lady Vengeance for a while, and also have been planning to collect more Italian horror cinema. Plus Deadbirds is a very underrated movie, and I hadn't seen the original My Bloody Valentine in a while.

So I came home pumped for a night of epic movie viewing. First up was Fulci, as I announced on Facebook. You can imagine my surprise when I opened the case to find.....nothing inside. OK it's a used place maybe I should have checked at the store but I have bought there several times in the past and never had an issue. Plus I was careless. It was marked 8.99 which is way above the normal price for their used DVDs, and was in a box, and looked in great shape. I kind of assumed it was new and unopened. Like I said, I was a bit careless and oblivious.

It was too late to take it back last night and the store doesn't re-open till tomorrow.  I have no idea if they will refund it or give me a store credit but I hope they will, If they don't they have probably lost a customer.








No comments:

Post a Comment